The Oklahoma City Indian Clinic tied for the most awards received by a health care provider at the 2011 Government Performance and Results Act awards meeting.
Officials said the White Cloud Health Station in White Cloud, Kansas shared the top spot with OKCIC.
"Reaching and exceeding the exceptional standards set forth by the GPRA is a constant goal of the clinic staff," said Robyn Sunday-Allen, CEO of the OKCIC. "This recognition confirms our commitment to quality care for our patients in all areas of service."
According to officials, the Indian Clinic was recognized for patient care provided by large facilities serving more than 5,000 people in the GPRA population.
The awards presented by GPRA to the clinic include:
• Physician Champion Award given to Dr. Daniel Molina
• Best Goal Outcome for diabetes management for controlled blood pressure
• Best Goal Outcome for pap smear program
• Best Goal Outcome for mammogram program
• Best Goal Outcome for adult influenza program (patients over age 65)