The state's largest school district is launching a new mobile app to help keep parents informed about what's happening in their child's school.
The mobile app for the Oklahoma City Public School District became available for download in both Apple and Android app stores on Wednesday, January 4. It's also available in both English and Spanish.
Oklahoma-based School Connect, a mobile application developer, created the free app. The school district says it will enhance school-to-parent and school-to-community communications.
"This is an exciting partnership with School Connect that will help us communicate with our students, parents, staff and community members," said OKCPS Deputy Superintendent Sandra Park. "We are proud to be the first school district to offer push notifications to our patrons in Spanish; this will be a vital tool for the thousands of Spanish speaking students and parents in our district."
The app has several features including:
● Push messaging from both the district and school site levels,
● Multiple language options, including Spanish,
● GPS mapping and navigation,
● Google calendars to which parents can subscribe,
● Online grade book access, lunch menus, athletic information.
● Tap screens for email and phone numbers for district staff and board of education members
School Connect launched its first Oklahoma app in October 2011 for Norman Public Schools.
To access the OKCPS School Connect mobile app, visit the Apple or Android app store and search for School Connect. Download the application and select Oklahoma City Public Schools and select the "on" button to activate the application.