A disabled Oklahoma City man is severely burned after his home caught fire late Wednesday night.
Firefighters say 56-year-old Benny Rodden tried to escape his home in the 3200 block of S. Stults near Interstate 44 and S.W. 29th Street, but was overcome by the smoke and passed out near a back door. Firefighters had to break the door down to rescue Rodden.
Rodden's brother, David, tells News 9 his brother has second and third degree burns across his body, and is being treated at a local burn center.
"We are hoping he makes it. He's in bad shape," David Rodden said.
Investigators don't know at this time what started the fire. They say Rodden was asleep on the couch when the fire started. His brother says Rodden lived in the home alone.