Fire crews successfully doused a blaze at an apartment complex in Midwest City, Sunday night.
The call went out around 9 p.m. According to fire officials, when crews arrived on scene of the complex, located at 313 N. Midwest Blvd, one room of a second floor apartment unit was completely engulfed extending to the roof of the building.
The occupant of the unit was transported to a local hospital with shortness of breath due to smoke inhalation. He told responders that the fire started in his bedroom and says he woke up to the bed on fire.
Officials did not say how the fire got started.