Family Escapes Burning Home In Southwest OKC


Monday, October 22nd 2012, 9:21 am
By: News 9


A close call for an Oklahoma City family Monday morning.

Two young girls, ages three and one, escaped a burning home on Williams Drive in southwest Oklahoma City around 5:30 a.m. Apparently their dad had just got off work and put some clothes in the dryer and something went wrong.

Investigators think a problem with the dryer sparked the blaze. Firefighters say that's why it's important to check on and maintain the dryer in your own house.

Most of the home's damage was contained to the garage and roof.