Firefighters Extinguish House Fire In Northeast OKC


Saturday, December 1st 2012, 12:31 pm
By: News 9


Firefighters put out a house fire in northwest Oklahoma City Saturday morning.

The blaze broke out inside the master bedroom of a home located at 1144 Carverdale Drive in Oklahoma City.

According to Battalion Chief Felton Morgan, a space heater was left on in the bedroom and fell over onto a pile of clothes. Nobody was home at the time. Neighbors saw heavy black smoke coming from the home and called 911.

Firefighters contained the fire to the bedroom. Damages to the bedroom and part of the attic are estimated at about $2,000. No injuries are reported.

Morgan said winter is a busy time for firefighters. Even though the temperatures have been mild lately, people are still using space heaters for the early morning and overnight hours. Morgan reminds those who use space heaters to do so with caution and remember to turn them off when not at home.