Just two weeks before Christmas, seven families are left homeless after an afternoon apartment fire.
The fire destroyed an entire building at the complex near 10th and Air Depot.
That fire started during the noon hour Wednesday, among those that were home, a new mother and her three-week-old baby. Everyone did get out okay, there were no injuries. But many of the people who lived there lost everything.
When firefighter first arrived at the Eden Cove apartments the building was totally engulfed in flames.
"I looked out the window and that's when I started seeing flames everywhere," said Jeree Thomas who lives right next door to one of the apartments.
Thomas was home watching her nine-month-old niece when police pounded on her door.
"They said ‘Ma'am you need to get out,'" she recalled.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control before it spread.
"It could have got us too. I just thank God it didn't get us too," Shabree Thomas, who lives in the complex.
But their neighbors weren't so fortunate. Edward Palelio was one of those. He was at work when he heard about the fire.
"I could hear the boss screaming ‘You better get home. Your house is on fire,'" said Palieo
Turns out he was right. Everything is, gone including his Christmas.
"All my packages, my tree and everything," he said.
Wednesday night firefighters were securing the area around the apartment building because they were concerned the brick walls would fall down. They believe the fire started on the upper floor, but other than that they are not sure of a cause.
The Red Cross is providing help for those who were displaced.