A candlelight vigil is held for a little boy who died after accidentally shooting himself inside an Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper's house.
Investigators say the boy was visiting his aunt and uncle when he got a hold of a gun. It was a very somber night as dozens come out to light candles for the victim and his family.
A grieving community came together to light candles and comfort each other after a three-year-old boy died in a tragic accident. Investigators say the boy found a gun inside his uncle's house and accidentally shot himself in the head, leaving his family in shock.
The boy's aunt says his death will undoubtedly leave a void in their hearts. Neighbors say the candlelight vigil is their way of supporting each other and the victim's family as they try to make sense of what happened Saturday afternoon.
OHP tells News 9 this happened at a trooper's house, but the gun the boy got a hold of was not his uncle's service weapon. Investigators say this was an accident and they do not expect to file any criminal charges.