Candle Causes Fire at NW OKC Apartment


Tuesday, January 1st 2013, 10:51 am
By: News 9


Two young boys safely escaped a burning apartment late Monday night in the 7000 block of N.W. 10th Street in Oklahoma City.

Around 11 p.m., fire crews rushed to N.W. 10th near Council Road. They quickly put out the fire, but not before the flames caused about $20,000 in damage to two units.

Firefighters say two boys, ages 5 and 15, were home when the fire started. The 15 year old says he left a candle burning in a bedroom, and that's likely what started the fire.

No one was hurt.