Forced out by flames, fire victims in Cushing went back to see what's left of their apartments. Their building erupted in flames over the weekend and now dozens of people are homeless.
The fire destroyed the entire 4th floor of the 46-unit building. Many of the people who live there have disabilities and one woman we spoke with says it could have been a whole lot worse if firefighters hadn't contained the fire quickly.
Connie Norvell wasted no time getting her kids out. Then she went back in, knowing many of her neighbors needed help because of their physical or mental disabilities.
Monday, neighbors returned home for the first time. George Baine's apartment was badly damaged by smoke and his ceiling collapsed in some areas from all the water used to battle the fire upstairs.
Moving caused a headache for some of the people living in the Cimmaron Tower, but they all breathed a sigh of relief that nobody was seriously injured.
Fire victims said one of their neighbors had been smoking in her apartment and accidentally fell asleep on her couch, causing the fire.
The American Red Cross helped the victims. The shelter is closed because everyone has found somewhere to stay.