Employee Accidentally Starts Fire At OKC Business


Friday, February 15th 2013, 10:25 am
By: News 9


Workers and customers rushed out of a southwest Oklahoma City auto repair shop Friday morning when a worker accidentally started a fire.

Firefighters were called around 8:30 a.m. to All Tune and Lube at 5824 S. Western. The fire chief says an employee accidentally started a fire in an office when he left a soldering gun on, and unattended.

Firefighters quickly put out the flames. Most of the damage was contained to the office, but other parts of the repair shop did sustain smoke and water damage.

In all, the business sustained about $30,000 in damage.