Crews responded Wednesday night to an apartment fire on the south side of Norman.
It happened at a complex near state highway 9 and Interstate 35.
Crews were able to get the fire under control, though damage estimates have not been released at this time.
Authorities on scene say firefighters will remain at the complex to keep an eye on hot spots, until they are sure it won't flare up again.
No one was hurt in the fire. Investigators say the fire started when food was left unattended on a stove in an apartment. There were no working smoke detectors in that apartment.