Passer-By Saves Woman From Burning House In Southwest OKC


Sunday, March 24th 2013, 4:00 pm
By: News 9


A passer-by saved a woman from the second story of a house that caught on fire in southwest Oklahoma City Sunday afternoon.

According to the fire department, at about 2 p.m., firefighters responded to the blaze at a house, located in the 1600 block of S.W. 66th street in Oklahoma City.

Fire officials say there were papers and trash stacked from the floor to the ceiling at the house. An extension cord under the papers started the fire.

An unknown passer-by ran into the burning house to save the woman, who was upstairs at the time, and brought her out of the home. He left after emergency crews showed up.

His identity is unclear.