Grass Fire In Edmond Destroys Abandoned Mobile Home


Sunday, March 31st 2013, 4:17 pm
By: News 9


A grass fire in Edmond has destroyed a vacant mobile home Sunday afternoon.

According to the fire department, firefighters responded to a grass fire in the area of Simmons Rd. and Coltrane Rd.  It spread to a mobile home, located at 3216 Eric Lane, which has been abandoned for years.

The mobile home was destroyed.

Fire officials say a man was cutting wood in the area, and dropped a cigarette on the ground where gas was dumped. And that started the grass fire.

No injuries have been reported.