New Details In Officer-Involved Shooting Deaths In SE OKC

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 10:10 pm
By: News 9

News 9 is learning new details in a deadly officer-involved shooting on S.E. 44th Street and I-35.

Christopher Stout, 23, and his girlfriend, 21-year-old Stacie Stout were shot and killed by at least seven officers Tuesday night while trying to serve a warrant. Those officers are part of the U.S. Marshals Task Force.

4/10/2013 Related Story: Suspects, Officers Identified In SE OKC Officer-Involved Shooting

Eight different agencies across state are investigating the deadly shooting. Oklahoma City police will head the investigation.

Meanwhile, family of the suspect and the Fraternal Order of Police are speaking out.

"He's had his run-ins with the law, but he's not a violent person, and he's got the hugest heart," said Christopher Stout's aunt, Tina Belvin.

4/10/2013 Related Story: Family Of Couple Killed By Officers Speaks Out

Belvin admits, her nephew had numerous charges against him and has done things in his past neither he or his family were proud of. But she says what police did to Chris and his girlfriend Stacie was unjustified.

"They acted with no probable cause," said Belvin. "They had no reason to even draw, much less pull the trigger on my nephew."

McClain County Sheriff's deputies were investigating Christopher Stout for several home burglaries there. We're told he allegedly pawned the stolen items in Oklahoma City.

In Payne County, burglary charges were filed on Stout just last week. A warrant was issued for his arrest. The U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force went to serve that warrant Tuesday night when Stout allegedly tried to run from police.

"Christopher Stout is the only person in that vehicle that appears to have had warrants," said OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson. "We found no criminal record to date for the female, Stacie Stout, and she was not wanted at the time."

"Really, you don't want an incident like this to ever happen, period. You sure don't want an innocent person to be involved," said OKC F.O.P. Pres., John George.

George says they'll do their investigation and present it to the DA's office to see if there will be any charges.

"Everything seemed to be normal outside, except it was a multi-agency task force," said George. "That makes it a lot different."

"Unless he pulled a weapon, or he was trying to hurt somebody, that is the only reason they should ever draw or pull a weapon," said Belvin.

Capt. Nelson says because there's many different agencies involved, it's going to be quite some time before investigators can piece everything together.

One of the Oklahoma City police officers has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.