A woman who spent two days in the hospital ended up coming home to find her house had burned and destroyed everything inside.
Diana Cadena was coming home after having surgery to remove her gall bladder, when she discovered the inside of her house was charred. When she opened the front door, thick smoke plumed out and she called the fire department.
While she sifted through a pile of ashes that was once her family's belongings, a tearful Cadena was overcome with memories of the time she and her family spent in the house.
"It doesn't matter to me all the material things but all the pictures of my kids and my family. Those are memories that I'll never get back," said Cadena. " Everything is gone."
Everything inside was destroyed while the fire smoldered for hours. Firefighters told Cadena that the fire burned long enough to burn itself out.
Now Cadena has to find a new place for her two kids. Her 1-year-old daughter does not understand what happened, but her 4-year-old son has been asking questions.
"My son does tell me, ‘Mom I want to go home. When can we go home?' And I don't have a home. What we had as a home, it's gone," Cadena said.
When Cadena went back to the house on Tuesday to check on it, somebody had stolen the family's grill from the backyard and parts from the air conditioning unit.
The fact that someone would essentially kick her while she was down added to Cadena's frustration.