Residents in the southeast Oklahoma town of Asher have been told to boil their water because it's contaminated with fecal coliform, or E. coli.
The bacteria were found in the water supply on June 14 and June 15. The bacteria can make people sick; especially children, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems.
The city is flushing lines to clear out the bacteria. It will retest the water soon to make sure it's safe.
In the meantime, Asher residents are being told not to drink the water without boiling it first. Fecal coliforms and E. coli can cause diarrhea, cramps, nausea and headaches.