Police: Man Burned In Propane Tank Fire In Choctaw


Saturday, July 6th 2013, 11:33 am
By: News 9


A man has been transported to the hospital in critical condition Saturday morning, after authorities say he ignited a leaking propane tank in Choctaw.

Just before 9 a.m., emergency crews responded to a fire at a leaking propane tank, at 12601 S.E. 44th Street in Choctaw.

According to police, a 24-year-old man busted open a propane tank with an ax, ignited the propane, and then stepped into the flames.

The man has been transported to the Baptist Hospital Burn Center in critical condition.