Country music star Toby Keith comes from a long line of Oklahoma musicians. Now his daughter, Krystal, is following in his footsteps.
"Music was always my path," Krystal said. "I always wanted to perform. I said anyone who sat on my couch when I was a child was subject to my performances."
I sat down with her to talk about being a fourth generation musician and what life was really like growing up with Toby as dad, including the song they used to sing together and the ultimatum he once gave.
"I tried really hard to get out of that. I did not agree with it at all in the beginning. I graduated high school and as always he said when you graduate we'll start working on music," Krystal said. "So when I turned 18, it was like Nashville here I come. He quickly put a stop to that."
Now Krystal has a single out and just wrapped up recording her first album. It's set for release early 2014.
More About Krystal:
* Krystal is a 4th generation musician. Her grandmother was about to sign a record deal when she found out she was pregnant (with Toby) and she decided to give up her career in music.
* The "actress" in her music video is actually her best friend.
* She doesn't get nervous when performing, although she says when she once sang in front of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, she knew she had to nail it.
* She sang the national anthem during last year's Thunder playoff game. She says it's one of her favorite songs to sing and if you can sing that, you can tackle anything.
* She has a passion for animals - she picks up strays on the side of the road. She currently has 3 dogs and her parents have 6 German Shepherds on their farm.
* She loves OU, the Thunder & the Pittsburgh Steelers
* If she wasn't a musician, she said she'd be a chef.