The Edmond Police Department is now recruiting potential cadets to take part in its 2014 Police Academy.
According to the police department, applications will be available on July 30 and will run through September 20.
Edmond police released the following requirements for applicants:
- At least 21 years of age.
- In good physical condition.
- A United States citizen.
Must have successfully completed one of the following:
- 60 or more hours of college credit hours with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and 2 years prior full-time police experience
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher and 4 years prior military experience with a discharge under honorable conditions.
- A minimum of 30 hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or higher AND served 4 years as a full-time Edmond Police Department Jailer
- You must have or be able to obtain an Oklahoma State Driver's License.
- Must have a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- Must have an excellent history of personal conduct, behavior and employment.
- You must have basic knowledge of computer use.
Preliminary applications can be accessed online beginning July 30 and will need to be returned to the City of Edmond Human Resources department for approval. Upon approval, candidates will receive a Police Officer Application packet.
For more information about the recruiting process.