Discarded Cigarette To Blame For SW OKC House Fire


Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 8:17 am
By: News 9


Firefighters say a discarded cigarette is to blame for a house fire early Wednesday morning in southwest Oklahoma City.

According to the fire department, at about 1 a.m., crews responded to a fire at a home on S. Independence near S.W. 17th.

Two people were inside when the house caught on fire. They were able to make it out safely.

Fire officials say the fire caused significant damage to the home. No one was injured.