Police Search For Suspect Wanted For Rape and Murder In SE OKC

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 5:46 pm
By: News 9

The search is on for a man, who is accused of killing an unborn child, and threatening to shoot and 8-year-old.

Police say he's also accused of holding two young children hostage, while he raped and abused their mother.

The brutal attack is all laid out in the arrest warrant filed Tuesday. Police have not found the man responsible.

Police are looking for Christopher Whitfield, 30, who also goes by the name Christopher Singer. He is wanted for raping and brutalizing his ex-girlfriend inside of his home on 1135 NE 20th in southeast Oklahoma City.

People living in the neighborhood were too afraid to talk for fear of retaliation, but one neighbor told News 9, this is not the first time that something like this has happened.

"He drugged her, and started hitting her, and kicking her and she was screaming," said a neighbor, who didn't want to be identify on or off camera.

The neighbor says that attacked happened last month, but says the girlfriend kept coming back.

"Every time you look around, she was up there," said neighbor. "Even the day after he whooped her."

According to court documents filed Tuesday, Whitfield forced the ex-girlfriend and her 2 children, ages 8 and 3 into his home and held them hostage for 3 days.

The arrest warrant states Whitfield "placed a large older television in front of the door so the children could not leave."

It states Whitfield also pulled a pistol on the 8-year-old little boy and put the pistol to the boy's head. He told the child that if he tried to escape he would kill him.

Whitfield reportedly forced the boy's mother into a back bedroom where he beat and raped her repeatedly using his fists, shoes, and a belt. The mother was able to escape at one point, but she only ran about half a block before she was recaptured and dragged back into the house.

Neighbors just hope that Whitfield is caught.

"He needs to go to jail," said neighbor. "He needs to go beyond the jail."

Court documents revealed, the young woman was beaten so badly she was almost unrecognizable to her family. She was able to escape Friday night after Whitfield left the home in her Grey Chevy Impala.