1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age or older, reside in NEWS9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. (“DMA”) except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules, have a valid Motorcycle License and provide NEWS 9 Proof of Insurance. To view the DMA map, visit www.news9.com/contests. Employees of NEWS9 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household.Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner’s acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. “Contest Officials” designated by the management of NEWS9 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
7. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion.Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest.All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
8. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions.Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
9. NEWS9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
10. How to enter: To enter, participants must upload a photo of themselves with a motorcycle (any make, model, type or year) and include their name, phone number and email address at www.News9.com/FreeRide. Viewers may submit as many photos as desired. However, each viewer will only receive one (1) entry in the prize drawing. Deadline to enter is 10:00am on Friday, August 28, 2015.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OVER, RESIDE IN THE NEWS 9 DMA, HAVE A VALID MOTORCYCLE LICENSE AND PROVIDE PROOF OF INSURANCE.
11. Viewer understands by submitting a photo to News 9, he/she is authorizing News 9 to use same photo on-air without prior approval or notification.A photo being shown on-air does not constitute winning a prize.Only one (1) prize will be given away each week, by random number generator, from ALL photo entries received, whether shown on television or not.
12. Participants may submit a photo and postcard entry via mail or delivery to News 9, addressed as follows: 2015 Oklahoma’s Own Ride Against Childhood Hunger-Free Ride Entry Giveaway, 7401 N. Kelley Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73111. Postcard entry must include participant’s name, age, permanent address, email address and contact phone number.Each postcard entry submitted must also include a photo of participant with a motorcycle (any make, model, type or year). All entries must be received by 10:00 a.m., Thursday, August 28, 2015. No more than one (1) entry, per person, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
13. In the event of any of the following, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner: Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection; News 9 is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up; Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by News 9; Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner; Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
16. Winner will be notified by telephone or email.Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by NEWS9. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by NEWS9 within ten (10) days of the winner’s notification.Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
17. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
18. Facebook is in no way affiliated with this promotion, the prizing, the winner selection or the form of entry.
19. Complete rules are available at NEWS9 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.News9.com/FreeRide.
Standard messaging and/or data charges apply per your carrier. Full terms and conditions are also available at www.news9.com/FreeRide.
Full terms and conditions are also available at news9.com.