All-Clear Given At 2 Oklahoma Prisons After Bomb Threat Investigation


Friday, July 11th 2014, 2:21 pm
By: News 9


Two Oklahoma prison facilities were on lockdown after receiving phoned-in bomb threats Friday.

Officials say the bomb threats came in around 10 a.m. directly to the switchboards at the Lexington Assessment and Reception Center and the Joseph Harp Correctional Center.

A similar threat was called in last week.

Department of Corrections spokesman Jerry Massie says investigators were sweeping the facilities and searching for any evidence of an explosive device.

At about 2:40 p.m., authorities gave the "all-clear" at both prisons and lifted the lockdown.

Massie says based on the past bomb-threat call and Friday's threats, the threat doesn't appear to be "particularly credible."