A lawsuit filed earlier this week by the Archbishop of Oklahoma City against a group of Satan worshipers is now dropped.
The lawsuit was filed after the group said it would be hosting a "Black Mass" at the Civic Center next month.
That Black Mass is still scheduled to be held on September 21 at the Civic Center. In that event, the group of Satanists planned to use the Holy Communion in its ritual, which obviously angered Christians particularly the Catholic Church.
Archbishop Paul Coakley filed the lawsuit on grounds that the leader of the satanic group stole the consecrated host. To say the consecrated host is significant to Catholics is quite an understatement.
According to the faith, when a Catholic priest consecrates, it then becomes the body of Jesus Christ. Archbishop Coakley says the one the group had was returned to a Catholic priest through an attorney who represents the satanic group.
While he is relieved, he is "concerned of the dark powers that this satanic worship invites into our community and the spiritual danger that this poses.”
Meanwhile, Adam Daniel, who will lead that Black Mass, said he agreed to return the consecrated host as long as Archbishop Coakley dropped the lawsuit. He said, “I don't feel like wasting thousands of dollars over a nasty cookie.”
This will be the fourth time the group has held a mass in the past five years. So far the devil worshiping group has sold 39 tickets.