The 2014 Advocare Cowboy Classic featuring Oklahoma State and No. 1 Florida State is just four days away so here is a list of ways to avoid traffic holdups on game day.
• Arrive early.
• Abram Street is under construction between Collins Street and Highway 360. This will affect out-bound traffic on Collins Street South to Abram Street from Lots 11, 12, 13 and 14. As an alternative, we suggest using Collins Street South to Park Row; Turn left on Park Row to Highway 360 or further east to George Bush Toll Highway (Highway 161).
• Below are two suggested routes to use for arrival. These alternative routes will allow you to avoid the heavily congested Collins Street, Ballpark Way and AT&T Way (formerly Legends Way) exits off of I-30.
o I-30 Westbound Preferred Route: Take I-30 Westbound to SH 161; Take SH 161 Southbound to Main Street/Division Street exit; Turn Right on Main Street/Division Street; Turn Right on AT&T Way (formerly Legends Way) to Silver Lots or Turn Right on Collins Street to Blue Lots.
o I-30 Eastbound Preferred Route: Take I-30 Eastbound to Center Street (Exit 27B); Keep Right on ramp towards Center Street; Turn Right on Center Street; Turn Left on Randol Mill Road to Blue Lots or Turn Left on Division Street and Left on AT&T Way (formerly Legends Way) to Silver Lots.
• We recommend that you use www.dallascowboysmaps.com for your travels to AT&T Stadium. This will provide you the best route from your point of origin to your pre-purchased or selected cash parking lot.
• The I-30 HOV lane is open and available for use. Look for the exit signs for the "Express Lane".
• Lamar Avenue in Arlington is under construction and has been reduced to one lane from Collins to Ballpark Way.