Small Fire Causes Evacuation At Metro Retirement Complex


Sunday, January 25th 2015, 8:16 am
By: News 9


Around 2 a.m. Sunday, Oklahoma City firefighters responded to Wesley Village housing complex.

Fire crews said a sprinkler system was activated, helping keep a fire contained to just one room on the third floor in the building. Nearly 60 occupants were evacuated due to water damage.

Officials said it appeared a resident fell asleep smoking, causing the fire.

1/1/15 Related Story: Metro Retirement Community Floods Sparking Concerns With Residents