OKC Police Officer Alerts Couple To House Fire


Friday, February 27th 2015, 9:42 am
By: News 9


An Oklahoma City police officer saw a house on fire late Thursday night and helped the residents get out safely.

According to the fire department, at about 11:30 p.m., firefighters responded to a house fire near N.W. 8th Street just west of Classen. Oklahoma City firefighters believe this one started in the fire box of a chimney and then spread to the rest of the house.

Fortunately for the man and woman who live there, an Oklahoma City police office found the home on fire and called dispatch. The officer then knocked on the door and helped the couple get out safely.

The home was located near a fire station and firefighters could already smell the smoke before rushing to the scene. It didn't take long for firefighters to knock this one down, although there's significant damage to the walls near the chimney.

In all, there's about $15,000 worth of damage.