Several homes were evacuated due to a gas leak Monday morning in northwest Oklahoma City.
According to the Fire Department, just before 9 a.m., a 2” medium pressure gas line ruptured in a backyard in the 6800 block of N.W. 131st Street.
A contractor installing a new pool in a back yard struck the line. Fire officials said three homes were evacuated, and they knocked on doors of nearly a dozen to alert them and check their homes.
An Oklahoma Natural Gas crew has the gas shut off now.
Stay with us for updates.