Officials: Neighbor Alerted Yukon Family To House Fire


Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:54 am
By: News 9


A Yukon family was able to escape when their house caught on fire late Monday night, thanks to an alert neighbor.

According to the fire department, at about 11:45 p.m., firefighters responded to the report of a house fire near S.W. 15th and Morgan Road in Yukon.

Crews were able to put out the fire. They learned that the fire started in a shed, spread to a tree, and then spread to the home.

Fire officials said a neighbor knocked on the family’s door to alert them to the fire. The family was able to escape without injuries.

The fire caused about $60,000 in damage to the home, according to fire officials.