Suspect Calls OKC Officer During High-Speed Chase

Friday, January 8th 2016, 9:55 pm
By: News 9

Oklahoma City Police say assault suspect, Clyde Landry, actually called one officer during the pursuit and said he’d surrender if they stopped chasing him.

1/7/16 Related Story: Two Suspects Arrested After High-Speed Chase Around OKC Metro

Thursday, Landry lead police on a chase throughout the metro for nearly an hour. He along with his female passenger were wanted in connection to a stabbing at the Green Carpet Inn in SW OKC.

Police say around 4:30 p.m. Thursday, they responded to the Green Carpet Inn after suspicious activity was reported. Upon arrival, officers say a man and a woman were moving items from the motel room where the stabbing took place.

The couple said the woman who was with Landry offered them $20 to help move her stuff from the room. The officer gave them his phone number and asked them to call once they found out where Landry was located.

Around 5:00 p.m., that officer received a phone call from the man and he said Landry at a gift card store and then again at a gas station.

Once officers arrived at the gas station, he recognized Landry’s vehicle. But Landry spotted the officers, and that’s when he took off at a high rate of speed.

While Landry was being pursued, he called the officer who spotted him at the gas station.

According to the report Landry said, “If you’ll call off the chase, I’ll turn myself in”. When asked how he got the officers contact information he said, “I got it from the guy you gave it to earlier.”

Shortly after the call was over, Landry decided to pull over the truck and surrender without incident.

After Landry and his female passenger were taken into custody, he admitted to the stabbing. He said the victim had been attacking his mother.

1/7/16 Related Story: Duo Arrested For Metro High-Speed Chase Wanted In Connection To Stabbing

Landry also told police he was planning to leave Oklahoma just moments before the pursuit began.