Three Dead After Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In SW OKC Home


Saturday, March 26th 2016, 11:41 am
By: News 9


A man woke up Saturday morning to find his family unresponsive and called 911.

Just before 9 a.m., emergency crews responded to a home in the 8700 block of SW 36 after a frantic call of a family being unresponsive.

Upon arrival, EMSA said they found two people already deceased and one person in need of CPR. That third victim was transported to a local hospital in critical condition, but a short time later was pronounced dead. 

Fire crews on scene were checking the carbon monoxide levels in the home to help determine the cause of the incident.

Oklahoma Natural Gas spokeswoman Cherokee Ballard said ONG is ruling out carbon monoxide poisoning. 

"Our test came back within acceptable levels. There were no alarming levels of carbon monoxide or anything dangerous found," Ballard said.

Names of the victims have not been released at this time, but News 9 was told all three victims are adults.

Stay with News 9 and News9.com for more as it becomes available.