Overnight storms could be to blame for two house fires in the Oklahoma City metro. The first was in Yukon near S.W. 15th and Morgan Road. The other was on S.E. 21st near Interstate 35.
The woman who lives at the home on S.E. 21st is safe. But it was a terrifying ordeal for her. According to the fire department, 40 percent of her home was damaged by fire and the fire chief on scene told News 9 his investigators believe it may be due to an electrical issue from Sunday night's storms.
4/11/2016 Related Story: Woman Escapes House Fire In SE OKC
The woman told fire crews when she went to bed, the power was already out. Around 1:30 a.m. Monday, she woke up to the smell of smoke and got outside safely.
"The electrical meter on the backside of house had already melted and was on fire. We were unable to disconnect the power to the backside of the house because of the fire," said Major Darrell Little with the Oklahoma City Fire Department.
Fire officials told News 9 that a home on the southwest side was struck by lightning. Crews responded to this house fire at S.W. 15th and Morgan Rd. just before midnight.
The lightning strike made a hole in the roof.
No one was injured in either of the fires.