No residents were injured after a fire burned two apartments in the 3600 block of N.W. 42nd St. in Oklahoma City overnight.
According to the fire department, when firefighters first arrived, they reported seeing heavy smoke coming out of the roof of the structure. Heavy flames were then reported from floor to roof of two of the apartments.
Crews knocked down the fire briefly from the exterior and then made their way inside. Approximately 30 occupants were evacuated from 18 units. After evacuation was complete, a thorough search of the entire building was conducted, and nobody was found inside.
An EMSA unit was requested as a precautionary measure due to so many people having been inside the building. All apartments were occupied.
Fire Investigators were called to the scene where they interviewed the occupant in the original fire apartment. It was determined that the fire started in the kitchen where the occupant was cooking.
No injuries were reported, and damage estimates were reported to be $75,000 for the structure and $50,000 for contents.