Candlelight Vigil Planned For Missing Seminole Boy


Saturday, April 16th 2016, 10:42 pm
By: News 9


It's been more than a week since authorities arrested the aunt and uncle of a 9-year-old boy.

Investigators think the couple killed and buried on their property.

Rex and Becky Clark were taken into custody last week, and since then, investigators have been searching their property for the boy’s remains.

"It's eerie. The horror that happened here. You can't help but feel some kind of emotion when you come here and sympathy for those boys,” Jim Benedict said. “When you look up in here and you see this place it just feels like there is some kind of evil here."

Authorities have been combing over the couple’s farm just outside Seminole, a delicate search considering what is missing.

"It's just a very slow, painstaking task. The problem is we have five acres to deal with. We're looking for the remains of a 9-year-old boy,” forensic archaeologist Kent Buehler said.

And there is still a lot of ground to be covered.

4/13/2016 Related Story: Affidavit Reveals Disturbing Pattern Of Abuse Against OK Boy Before He Disappeared

"We're very, very carefully scraping the ground just a couple of inches at a time,” Buehler said.

It's hard to tell what's beneath the surface; tree stumps, buried trash or something more.

"That's a very small object and a very large area,” Buehler said.

So far, investigators have not found any evidence, but a makeshift memorial is growing and so is support. A candlelight vigil is planned on Saturday, April 23, for the Colton Clark at the Seminole Municipal Park.

It's been 10 years since the alleged homicide happened, and a decade that may dim the search but not what happened.

"Our goal is to honor these boys and to bring a light to child abuse,” Benedict said.

The vigil is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.  Participants are asked to bring candles or glow sticks.