Officials have issued a warning about a poisonous weed sprouting up across the country.
The plant is called Wild Parsnip and the skin irritations it leaves behind may be unpleasant for some to see.
The poisonous plant is yellow and grows to be about four feet tall. Wild Parsnip is most commonly found in ditches, along bike trails and in open fields. While it may look like an ordinary weed, it can cause a whole lot of pain if you come in contact with it.
"The oils sit on your skin. It's a constant burning and it eats away your skin," said Wendy Prusha, who came in contact with wild parsnip.
Experts say the best way to get rid of Wild Parsnip is remove the entire plant, including the roots. However, doctors warn you must wear long sleeves, pants, and gloves when you do, to prevent any skin contact.