Ammonia Leak Prompts Evacuation Overnight At Vaughan Foods In Moore


Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 8:18 am

By: News 9


Employees at Vaughan Foods in Moore were sent home after an ammonia leak early Tuesday morning.

No one was sent to the hospital, but one employee told News 9 his eyes were burning from the ammonia vapors.

Moore firefighters said a refrigeration system pump broke loose at the facility near N.E. 12th and Eastern. A few gallons of ammonia spilled out overnight, but the spill is now cleaned up.

An employee said vapors are still in the air, so they have been sent home.

Firefighters said no products at the plant were impacted or lost.

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News 9 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

August 9th, 2016

July 20th, 2022

August 31st, 2021

August 13th, 2021

Top Headlines

September 29th, 2022

September 29th, 2022

September 29th, 2022

September 29th, 2022