Wednesday, February 22nd 2017, 4:40 pm
- 1/2 package Italian meatballs
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 14-oz can crushed or pureed fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tbsp basil pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot, saute the onion in olive oil till tender.
- Add in the chicken stock, tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, sugar and pesto.
- Stir to combine and simmer over medium heat.
- Add in the meatballs and continue simmering for 30 minutes covered.
- Serve with crunchy French bread and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.