Monday, March 20th 2017, 5:10 pm
By: News 9
- 2 heads Napa Cabbage, rough chopped
- 1 daikon radish, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, rough chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 inch piece liner, grated
- 1/4-1/2 cup Korean red chili powder
- 3-4 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt.
- Put the mixture in a strainer and set over a bowl to collect the water. Allow this to sit for 2-3 hours.
- Put the cabbage back in a large bowl and then add all of the rest of the ingredients and work together with gloves on your hands!
- Place the kimchee in sterilized mason jars and set on the counter for 2-7 days.
- Take the tops of the lids every few days to release the gases that will form.
- Place in the fridge once the fermentation is complete to store for future use!