Monday, March 27th 2017, 5:13 pm
By: News 9
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat saute the onion, green peppers and mushrooms till browned.
- Remove the veggie mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet and return it to the stovetop.
- Warm the pan to medium high heat.
- Add a teaspoon of butter to the pan and spread this coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add one tortilla to the skillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the veggie mixture onto the tortilla and then add more cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla until browned and flip over. Continue cooking till browned on both sides.