Monday, March 27th 2017, 5:15 pm
By: News 9
- 3 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1½ lb ground beef, browned
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat to brown the ground beef.
- Drain any excess fat and return the ground beef to the pan.
- Add in the onion and bacon bits and cook till the onion is tender.
- Stir in the seasoning salt, ketchup and mustard and continue cooking till warmed through.
- Remove the hamburger mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet and return it to the stovetop.
- Warm the pan to medium high heat.
- Add a teaspoon of butter to the pan and spread this coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add one tortilla to the skillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the hamburger mixture onto the tortilla and then add more cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla until browned and flip over. Continue cooking till browned on both sides.