Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 4:17 pm
By: News 9
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups cherries, pitted
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Combine the milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour in a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute until everything combined.
- Butter a 8 inch round cake pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the bottom of the buttered pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven and then add the cherries and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the cherries and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve!