Fennel And Sausage Rigatoni
Wednesday, September 27th 2017, 5:40 pm
By: News 9
Fennel and Sausage Rigatoni
- 1 package rigatoni, cooked al dente
- 1 pound sweet basil Italian sausage
- 1 large bulb fennel, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup pinot Grigio wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan, cook the Italian sausage till it is browned.
- Add the fennel, garlic, Italian seasoning and onion and sauce for an additional for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and crushed red pepper.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer the sausage, onions and fennel for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the heavy cream, half and half and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the sauce till it thickens slightly.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and toss to coat with sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and serve!
**Recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa