Wednesday, November 15th 2017, 4:45 pm
- 1 prepared pie crust, baked
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (you can use milk chocolate too)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Whipped Cream
- The night before you make the pie, place the can of sweetened condensed milk in your crockpot.
- Cover the can completely with water.
- Cook on LOW for 9 hours. Make sure the can stays covered with water.
- The next day, cook your pie crust at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Open the can of sweetened condensed milk and scoop out the caramel cream into a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in the pecans, sea salt and vanilla.
- Pour the caramel mixture into the bottom of the pie. Spread evenly.
- In saucepan over low heat, stir the chocolate chips and whipping cream till the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the warm chocolate mixture over the top of the caramel and then chill the pie for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Before serving add a layer of whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle with more pecans and SERVE!