Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 6:37 pm
By: News 9
- 2 plantains, peeled
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- In a large stock pot, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Cut plantains into 2-3 inch chunks.
- Fry the chunks in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Using a tortilla maker or wrap a brick with plastic wrap.
- Press the plantains till they are flat.
- Re-fry the plantains till they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve the patacones with fresh salsa.