Pollo Con Arroz
Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 6:41 pm
Pollo con Arroz
- 3 cups long rice, cooked
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup red/green bell peppers , diced
- 1 stalk celery , diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 scallions , diced
- 1 cup tomato puréed
- 4 cloves garlic , pressed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ bunch cilantro , finely chopped
- 1 tsp achiote/annato paste
- 3 TB Salsa Lizano
- In a extra large skillet, add 2 tablespoon oil to pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and peppers till tender.
- Add in 1/2 the chicken broth, salsa lizano, shredded chicken, cilantro and rice.
- Stir in the achiote and cook together.
- Continue cooking and add broth to keep moist.
- Before serving stir in green onions.