Crews Extinguish House Fire In South OKC


Monday, November 19th 2018, 5:31 am
By: News 9


Crews were called to the scene of an overnight house fire on the south side of the city. 

Firefighters arrived at the scene near Santa Fe Avenue and Corona Drive before 3 a.m. On arrival, crews requested a house fire response secondary to heavy smoke in the attic. 

Crews said the fire was found in an open gap behind the fireplace and was quickly extinguished. The homeowners reported using the fireplace from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. 

Officials said excessive heat from the fireplace is believed to have ignited wood stubs behind the fireplace insert. 

No injuries were reported. 

Damage to the structure was estimated at $193,500. Content damage was estimated at $25,000.