Heater Causes House Fire In SW OKC, Fire Crews Say


Thursday, November 22nd 2018, 4:28 am
By: News 9


Firefighters believe a space heater caused a fire overnight in southwest Oklahoma City. 

Officials arrived at the home located near southwest 62nd Street and south Douglas Boulevard around 1 a.m.

Fire crews said residents covered windows with blankets to keep out the cold. A heater was too close to one of the blankets and it caught fire, according to the report.

The fire was contained to one room. 

No injuries were reported.