Cookie Tart Cakes: Frosting
Wednesday, February 13th 2019, 5:23 pm
By: News 9
Easy Buttercream Frosting
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 pounds confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons flavor emulsion or vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream.
- Combine the margarine and Crisco in the bowl of an electric mixer; using a paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add half of the confectioners' sugar and continue beating on low speed for an additional 2 minutes, or until the mixture is creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Slowly add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk, and beat until the frosting is creamy and fluffy, about 2 minutes more.
- Add any food coloring at this time, if using, and beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 30 days.