1 Taken To Hospital After Trying To Save Pets In NW OKC House Fire
OKLAHOMA CITY - One man is in the hospital, Friday morning after trying to save his pets from an overnight house fire in northwest Oklahoma City.
According to authorities, fire crews responded around 11:30 p.m. to the fire near North May Avenue and Northwest Grand Boulevard.
Two people were inside the home during the time of the fire. Fire officials said one man stayed inside too long, trying rescue his two cats and two dogs.
"I think he stayed in a little too long. He's okay, but he may have got a little smoke inhalation," said Major Steven Peters.
The man was taken to a local hospital to be treated. There is no word on his condition.
Investigators believe the fire started in the living room.
There is currently no estimate on cost of the damage, however, fire crews said the home is too damaged to live in.
This is a developing story.